This week was crazy. CRAY-zy. There’s no other word for it. So, let me break it down in list form:
- worked 3 days/40 hours at the day job
- on Monday, my favorite patient almost coded, resulting in a 911 call, some hot paramedics (plus!), and me being a nervous wreck for the rest of the day, until my patient called me and assured me she was fine–even if she had no idea what had happened to her
- Tuesday: Boo, who’s been staying with me due to family drama, had a really bad asthma attack, resulting in another 911 call, more hot paramedics, and a day spent in the E.R, and then ICU. The attack was bad enough the doctor wanted to intubate her, but they didn’t.
- wrote several blog posts, including this one on my writing blog, and this one on my environmental blog.
- made this recipe, which was freaking awesome! (Except, instead of the honey roasted peanuts, I only had cashews. And I added shredded coconut, because, why not?). New test of willpower: trying not to eat it directly out of the jar.
- celebrated my birthday in a totally low-key way: with my parents (We were all in the same state for my birthday for the first time in years. Actually, the whole family was there except Bubba.)
- completed HTTS lesson one for The Fall
- tried really hard to get some rest, but was only partially successful
- two cardio sessions and 3 LiveFit workouts
- got caught up on NCIS ( I have NO time for TV during school.)
Okay, that looks pretty boring, now that it’s all there in print….I’ll try to be livelier for next week.
6 thoughts on “week in review”
Happy Birthday! I’m glad you got to spend it with family for the first time in years. I don’t live in the same states as the rest of my family so I understand what that’s like.
By the way, two near medical emergencies would make anyone’s week cray-cray, and yet you still managed to work out and get a little relax time with the TV. I’m impressed, and I totally want to make that nut butter.
Thanks! It was really great, getting to spend time with my parents. And you should DEFINITELY make that nut butter. I think I need a new batch myself.
Happy Birthday! No, this does not sound like a boring week! Great that you could spend your birthday with your parents. I’m sure it was so much nicer for that!
Thank you! Yes, it was MUCH better, getting to spend it with my parents. If I have to get older, at least I can spend time with those I love.
Happy Birthday! What a week, I’m glad you got to spend your special day low key and with your family. 🙂