So, I haven’t made any New Year’s Resolutions in like 3 years. Initially, because my depression was bad at New Year’s (although I have successfully kept my unspoken vow to NEVER contact the ex–and cause of the depression–ever again), then, when I was just over that, I had the stroke and life was pretty overwhelming for…well, still. Anyway.
But I knew Meghan was going to be talking about resolutions today, so I decided to make some actual resolutions, and in the interest of accountability, here they are. I actually made 8 different resolutions in 3 different areas (because I like to over-commit), so if you want to read my writing resolutions, check them out here.
Here are my life resolutions:
- Finish my B.A. in English with all A’s. (Because I’m a little OCD about my grades).
- Get to a healthy weight. (Because I need to so I’ll feel better. And so my doc will stop yelling at me…)
- Run a half-marathon. (as opposed to walking 9/10ths of it like last time.)
- Continue to simplify. (Everything.)
- Do 100 consecutive push-ups. (I have no idea why.)
- Pay off 5 small hospital bills.
- Pay off one credit card.
- Pay off the new computer.
(I should probably make an unofficial goal to add more pictures to my posts.)
Here are my reading resolutions:
- Read Gone with the Wind (for approximately the 25th time because it’s my favorite book ever. Frankly, my dear…)
- Read one book per month from my TBR pile. (Because some of them have been on the pile for years.)
- Read all books on the American Women Writers class list (8 of them, 3 of which I’ve previously read).
- Read one classic per month. (Because I love them.)
- Read one book of poetry. (Because I should.)
- Read two books per month to review. (Because I need to.)
- Read one inspirational book per month. (Because I need this.)
- Read 75 books total for the year. (Because I’m a quick reader, AND I love to read. And this is about 30 books less than I read in 2015).
- Linking up with Meghan over at Clean Eats, Fast Feets for this posts. Thank you for the inspiration, Meghan!