Okay, so I know I’m a little late to the link-up party that Meghan of Clean Eats, Fast Feets (I just automatically typed “feasts” there…Her food pics always make me hungry.) hosts on Mondays, but…
I worked almost 90 hours the last two weeks. Which is a pretty big change from the 25-30 hours I’ve been putting in every week for months now while we waited for certification. (The phrases “baptism by fire” and “sink or swim” are both coming to mind here…). I found out yesterday that the workload is going to intensify, and the chance of getting staffing help is minuscule because the higher-ups think it’s not necessary (In the real world, it’s necessary, but the higher-ups don’t live in reality…). So, yeah. Stress.
Then there’s my school load, which is pretty extreme this semester. And trying to get stuff together for a new apartment, sigh…
Okay. Enough venting.
Time for a goal update:
In January, while I didn’t get much writing or revising done, I did do some. I also kept up a workout habit (sorta), tried to eat healthier, and put in time to get my grades off on the right foot. As far as reading goes, I met all my reading goals for the month!
- I read some of Gone with the Wind (not much, but some).
- I read one book from my TBR pile: The Runes of the Earth, by Stephen R. Donaldson.
- I read one book from the American Women Writers class list: The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton (Jeeze, intense dislike of the ending.).
- I read one classic: Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley.
- I read and reviewed two books: The Winter Girl, by Matt Marinovich, and Night Study, by Maria V. Snyder.
- I read one inspirational book: Warrior Chicks, by Holly Wagner.
- I read 7 books towards my goal of 75 for the year.