I have actually accomplished some things this week, although I warn you: these are really random accomplishments. No rhyme or reason around here….
Linking up with Meghan over at Clean Eats, Fast Feets.
1) I made the hour-and-a-half drive back from the airport after dropping my mother off , in a torrential downpour and flooding, without incident. Thanks in large part to…
2) Got new tires put on Lucy, my little red (of course) car. She’s a 2005, with almost 220,00 miles, and she needed new tires. I was very thankful for them in the midst of the storm.
3) I also got the brakes checked, and of course I needed new ones, so I ponied up for that as well. Amount spent on Lucy in the last week and a half: $1100. Not a bad price for peace of mind, I suppose.
4) Bought new workout shoes!
5) Saw Finding Dory with The Diva, because Just keep swimming has been our mantra for three years now.
6) Went to the eye doctor for the first time in too long. He told me two surprising things: 1) My eyes now classify as hazel instead of brown! (Thank you, Mom). 2) My vision is actually improving. (I’m a bit skeptical on this one, as I’m having a bit of blurriness with my right eye in my new contacts, but I’ll talk to him when I go in for my follow-up Wednesday.)
7) Successfully got the work crew together for a going-away lunch for our awesome boss. 😦
8) Gave myself a spa day! Massage, facial, and hair. The facial was the most relaxing part. I almost fell asleep. Apparently I had a knot in the middle of my shoulder blades on both sides, which were still sore two days after the masseuse worked them out. My hair is now dark brown/almost black, with fire-engine-red highlights. (I would love to do my hair entirely in the bright red, but I don’t want to bleach it all, which would be necessary.)
9) Cooked two different times, tandoori chicken and beef stew. This is a major accomplishment, since I normally do batch cooking on Sunday for the week. And I made omelets for breakfast just about every morning (no mean feat at 4 a.m., let me tell you.)