Thanks to Amanda at Running with Spoons for the opportunity to ramble.
Thoughts I have had today:
- Why am I so tired? (I mean, sure, work + grad school + race training, but still.)
- Why do I have so many things on my to-do list? (See above, but that list leaves out book reviews I’ve committed to, the fiction I need to be writing and revising, and…sleep.)
- Why is it already 90 degrees in Texas? (Sigh…summer will be HOT. But I hate winter, so okay.)
- Is it just me, or have manners completely gone extinct? (Had this thought while I watched a neighborhood teen throw a full milkshake randomly against a wooden fence, splattering chocolate everywhere, and leaving the trash on the ground. First of all, WHERE are your parents? Secondly, why are you wasting chocolate ice cream? What is WRONG with people?)
- Seriously, WHY am I so tired? (To be fair, on MWF, I get up at 3 a.m. to be at work by 4:30. I usually work until 6 or 7 p.m. Graduate school = a lot of work and stress. I may not be running much right now, but I am running.)